Saturday, February 17, 2007

14:26


Mark Henning - Ring Of Fire [Trapez, 2007] (buy)
Holy cow, heavy & groovy minimal on this b-side of Pokerbot, which is weirder (but also good). Unknown producer (hailing from England) to me but it's hypnotizing stuff. Strip the fluff and come correct with some proper techno!


Yesterday I started the evening with some beer, chips and a movie ("El Espinazo del Diablo" - very good). Then off to Uppåt Frammåt and Hatet, a first for me at that club, was quality stuff. Drank some long island ice tea. Then off to The Eye and I must say I was very, very disappointed! For the first time at the eye I wasn't pleased at all, it has been super every time I've been there before but now it was just.. meh. Must've been another dj or someone having a bad day or something cause it was quite sub par.

Tonight it's Beli Konji at Respekt. Will most likely go there.

Anyway I want more clubs that occur less often (like Beli Konji), like once a month type of things. And on these occasions they do something a bit more extra, like book some fat live act or dj or have some theme or whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this artist but your right it is a real good record dark crunchy techno will keep my eye out for more of his music

Its a shame when the dj has a bad night ! lets hope you have a better time tonight ,last night i saw sebastien leger he was good a bit too much electro house but still had the club where he wanted them BUT i get my fix of minimal electronica Tonight with damian lazarus & pier bucci i thought it was last week but got the dates wrong really looking forward to this !