Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Semantic flowers: Narita


Whaaag! I smash my head against pointy objects. Punishing myself for missing some serious bad ass releases of 2006, from artists and a label I love[tm] to boot. Gotta catch em all.

Anders Ilar - A day ago
[Narita, 2006] (buy)
From the spectacular album Nightwidth comes this beautiful piece of techno. Living music, it's giving me goosebumps. I simply adore the little creaky squeaks of 303 and the atmosphere this track has. And every track delivers something on this album, every sound and click, static, kickdrum, pad, bass and bleep delivers. You better believe it.


Brothomstates vs Blamstrain - Metadata
[Narita, 2006] (buy)
Incredible, I miss out on one of my long time favourite artist's latest release. Brothomstates (aka Dune back in the
demoscene days), the man behind the nothing short of genious Qtio and Rktic eps, teams up with fellow fin Blamstrain to create some carefully crafted pieces of aural pleasure. From last august, rawr. This is not anything like his older material (nor in blamstrain's style), and it's not really dance music. Rather it's thick and heavy electronic acid-honey heading in the dance direction without ever quite getting there, knowhaImean?

Putting the D back in IDM - True, true.

Zshare has been having some technical difficulties it seems, should be OK now again.

No comments: